Here’s a post from my EMPOWER NETWORK blog! Enjoy!
The Benefits Of Coconut Oil and OIL PULLING! Oil WHAT?
Last weekend I went to a local market (I’m market crazy…seriously). I came across Gary who had products that attracted me like a MAGNET! LOL!
He had Coconut Oil, Magnesium Oil, aluminium-free baking soda, ascorbic acid, MSM and a host of beauty products.
Long story short, after gathering his info, I went home and read about OIL PULLING. It is the process of swilling oil in your mouth to remove toxins not only from your mouth, but from your body!
It is an Ancient Aryuvedic practice and the benefits seem amazing.
So, being constant testers (nothing ventured, nothing gained I reckon!), hubby and I gave it a go. It was a little icky at first, but was doable. I didn’t last 20 minutes, which is the recommended time to ‘pull oil.’ Hubby did a lot better than I.
AMAZING RESULTS from OIL PULLING
Now, I know my body and I know when I detox. I did the Oil Pulling in the morning and for the rest of the day I just felt off! This has been a winter of hard knocks for a lot of people around me regarding their health. My family and I have been lucky enough to have escaped the flu, colds and sniffles that have accompanied this winter.
BUT, after the Oil Pulling, I started to get a sniffly nose, expelling mucous and feeling a build-up of mucous in my sinuses! WHAT?
ALSO, for the first time in a LONG, LONG time, I was able to chew with all my teeth. I have sensitive teeth at the front and usually just chew with my back teeth. After just doing it once, I could comfortably chew with all my teeth, even the tooth with a big gaping hole in it (I’m in the process of naturally healing that tooth).
Hubby has really taken to it and I tell the kids that whilst he’s doing it (for 20 minutes), they have the opportunity to say something to him and he won’t respond! Hahahaha!
Here Are Some Benefits of Just Using Coconut Oil Externally
(Taken from care2com.com)
Dry skin, a paper cut, maybe even a tummy ache? Try a drop of coconut oil. Offering a myriad of health benefits, coconut oil is affordable, readily available and completely natural. Here are six reasons to give it a try:
1. Skin Care: Wanna look like you just came back from an hour of yoga? Coconut oil works wonders as a moisturizer for all skin types, especially dry skin and aging skin, leaving you refreshed and looking wide-awake. No headstand required! The fat in the oil helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles without any irritation. Coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin conditions. In fact, the oil is frequently used in expensive skin care products.
2. Stress Relief: Long day at the office, kids won’t stop screaming and your dog left a little “present” on your vintage bedspread? Relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
3. Digestion: The saturated fats in coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control, parasites, and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
4. Fitness: Coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat, while increasing muscle. Because of this, coconut oil has shot to popularity by being the world’s only natural low-calorie fat. Sign me up!
5. Healing: When applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues. Plus, it smells a heck-of-a-lot better than anything from the pharmacy.
6. Hair Care: $20 hair conditioners? I don’t think so! Coconut oil is one of the most nutritious products you can put on your hair. Massage a bit of the oil onto your scalp and presto – no more dandruff. Since it provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair, it’s used in a ton of over-the-counter hair products anyway. Why not cut to the chase and skip all the unnecessary chemicals?
And because it’s FOODIE FRIDAY, here’s a RAW COCONUT ICE CREAM RECIPE for you TO TRY!
RAW COCONUT ICE CREAM RECIPE
7dates frozen in coconut water
1 coconut water frozen
half banana frozen
1/4 cup cashews
1 tbsp of vanilla flavor
Put all the ingredients in the blender You will need to use the push stick.
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of coconut oil (optional)
Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until you get your desire texture.
Have fun coconut lovers!